Tuk Hua Hin Accounting & Law Co., Ltd.  

Non-Immigrant Visa “B” — To Work in Thailand


This type of visa is issued to applicants who wish to enter the Kingdom to work.


  • Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months
  • Visa application form completely filled out
  • Recent (4 x 6 cm.) photograph of the applicant
  • Letter of invitation from company in Thailand with details of job position, salary and employment duration
  • Letter of approval from the Ministry of Labour.  To obtain this letter, the applicant’s prospective employer in Thailand is required to submit Form WP3 (ตท. 3) at the Office of Foreign Workers Administration, Department of Employment, Ministry of Labour Tel. 02-2452745, or at the Provincial Employment Office in his or her respective province.  More information is available at www.doe.go.th/workpermit/index.html
    Japanese nationals are exempted from submitting this letter
  • Copy of Work Permit issued by the Ministry of Labour and alien income tax or Por Ngor Dor 91 (only in the case where applicant has previously worked in Thailand).
  • Evidence of academic qualification and work experience


  • An alien who receives a Non-Immigrant visa can work in Thailand once he or she is being granted a work permit.   An alien in violation of the Immigration Act B.E. 2522 (1979) concerning taking up employment without work permit or the Royal Decree B.E. 2522 (1979) concerning holding employment in certain restricted occupations and professions shall be prosecuted and imprisoned or fined, or shall face both penalties.
  • Consular officers reserve the rights to request additional documents as deemed necessary


80 USD


Two working days

The validity of a visa is 3 months

Holder of this type of visa is entitled to stay in Thailand for a maximum period of 90 days.  He or she may apply for an extension of stay at the Office of the Immigration Bureau and may be granted such extension for a period of one year from the date of first entry into Thailand.

  • Upon entry into the Kingdom, applicant or his or her appointed representatives must apply for a work permit at the Office of Foreign Workers Administration, Department of Employment, Ministry of Labour in which the applicant will be obligated to pay income tax accordingly.  If the applicant’s associated company is located in the provinces, the applicant must apply at the Employment Office of that province.
  • Applicant’s family members (i.e., spouse, parents and children who are unmarried and under 20 years old) are eligible to apply for a Non-Immigrant Visa (category “O”) and will be allowed to stay for a period of 90 days but no longer than 1 year.
  • Foreign citizens who hold a Transit Visa (“TS”) or Tourist Visa (“TR”) and wish to engage in business activities in Thailand may apply for a change of type of visa (e.g., from Tourist Visa to Non-Immigrant Visa) at the Office of the Immigration Bureau Office located at Government Center B, Chaengwattana Soi 7, Laksi, Bangkok 10210, Tel 0-2141-9889, www.immigration.go.th  The granting of change of type of visa and extension of stay is at the discretion of the immigration officer.


Nationals of certain countries are required to apply for a visa only at the Thai Embassy or Consulate-General in their home/residence country or at the designated Thai Embassy. Therefore, travellers are adivised to contact the nearest Thai Embassy or Consulate-General to find out where they may apply for a visa to Thailand before departure.